Architects and Engineers have been designing high-performing buildings for a long time, but very few of these buildings are checked to see if they operate efficiently as designed. Building commissioning has emerged over the past decade in response to Owners’ dissatisfaction with their high-performance designed buildings that do not perform optimally. Your curiosity and ability to facilitate will help construction teams to meet their intended scope, leading to buildings that perform at the targets that the Owners demand.
Through quality, innovation, and a personalized approach, Cyclone Energy Group has become the premier commissioning provider in the Chicagoland area. Working on a vast variety of technically challenging projects, our dedication to performance sets us apart from other providers. No project is too big, and no project is too small or taken for granted.
You are a great communicator and strategist, and you excel at executing time-dependent tasks. You have a solid foundation in engineering and in building design and construction. You have previously experienced commissioning building systems and found the process compelling. You are driven, persistent, and intrigued with how buildings work. You know the details, yet you can see the big picture of what is important. Additionally, you enjoy collaborating, working in teams, and helping others to put their best food forward.
As a Commissioning Project Manager with Cyclone Energy Group, you will work in a fun, fast-paced, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment. You will complement our internal team of talented engineers and analysts and will work directly with our world-class clients. You will be challenged by our projects and our relentless drive to improve our process and to increase the value we provide to our clients.
- Conducts activities related to Commissioning, including:
- Performing design reviews and reviewing submittals.
- Manage project schedules, project commissioning plans, equipment checklists, functional tests, etc.
- Coordinating equipment pre-test checklists.
- Orchestrate functional testing.
- Organizing and assembling systems manuals
- Performing Warranty reviews
- Performs project management on Commissioning projects, including:
- Scheduling resources
- Facilitating project meetings
- Communicating with clients
- Develops tools and templates to optimize the work environment and support scalability
- Client Care
- Seizes opportunities to expand Cyclone’s services offered to existing clients and
- Develops and maintains relationships with key partners and clients.
- Ensures clients’ needs are met.
- Recognize problems, provide solutions.
- 5-10 years building design experience.
- Prior commissioning experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and architectural systems design.
- Field experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing equipment.
- Project management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an accredited college.
- Knowledge of commercial building standards, codes and rating systems (e.g., IECC, ASHRAE 62.1, 90.1, 189.1, LEED, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio)
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Degree with HVAC Emphasis
- Certifications – PE, CxA, HBDP, CPMP, QCxP, HFCx, CCP
- USGBC – LEED AP
Cyclone Energy Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.