Career Description: Account Manager
You are inquisitive, approachable and have a strong passion for improving the built environment. From energy efficiency to sustainability and wellness, you are fascinated by all aspects of high-performance buildings. Managing projects, schedules, clients, and a talented team are skills you may already possess but want to further develop.
At Cyclone Energy Group, we are seeking an Account Manager to lead a team of Engineers towards excellence in project management and delivery. The Account Manager’s role is two-fold: to build the relationship and trust of clients and second, to actively listen for and respond to solutions that develop new business from existing clients. The ideal candidate will lead from the front in thought and action and is excited about new technology rooted in solid research.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering background, will be masterful at problem-solving, and will enjoy making a connection with clients. The Account Manager will play a pivotal role in creating strong partnerships.
The Account Manager will be someone who successfully wears different hats. Here are some of the responsibilities and skills of the role:
- Operate as the lead point of contact
- Communicate with clients to ensure that all needs are understood and addressed
- Build strong long-lasting client relationships to maintain business and acquire new work
- Satisfactory problem-solving skills to help resolve client complaints or needs
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of clients
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all customer requests
- Excellent communication skills to communicate project ideas
- Time management skills to handle multiple tasks and clients at once
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Oversee client account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit
- Up-to-date understanding of the industry’s behavior; staying engaged with fast-paced industry information
- Collect and analyze data to understand changing client needs
- Work with internal team members dedicated to the same client account to ensure open communication and that all client needs are met
- Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all client requests
- Report to Cyclone management with key performance indicators, forecasts and other business health aspects
- Manage accounts for Cyclone’s unique services of airPLAN and energyPLAN
- Conduct quality control of deliverables for client readiness
- Coordinate with service groups within Cyclone for resource and client needs
- Develop and grow relationships with new and existing clients
- Encourage the advancement of our service offering through creative and innovative thinking
- Monitor service efficiency and recommend changes to workflow or project fees
- Manage our vendor relationships for the services
- Create schedules, plans, task list, etc.
- Understand energy efficiency opportunities
- Assist with calculations on savings, incentives, other energy efficiency opportunities
- Understand key components of indoor air and environmental quality
- Familiarity with ratings and certifications such as WELL, Fitwel, LEED, ENERGY STAR, BOMA360, etc.
- Review buildings at a high level for opportunity assessment
- Perform research into emerging technologies
- Develop templates and production tools that optimize the work environment and support scalability
- Seize opportunities to expand Cyclone’s services offered to existing clients
- Enhance and maintains relationships with key partners, clients and suppliers
- Ensure clients’ needs are met
- Recognize problems, provide solutions
- Educate clients on changes, development and innovations
- Involvement in associations and education groups such as BOMA, CREN, CREW, etc.
- 3-7 years working in the design / construction / operation of buildings
- Knowledge of energy efficiency methodologies and practices
- Project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio)
Cyclone Energy Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Submit resumes to email@example.com
Updated: March 24, 2021