Career Description: Senior Building Analyst
There is an art and a science to buildings that makes working with them a unique experience. Creativity and passion for understanding the science behind buildings has led Cyclone Energy Group to become internationally recognized as a premier building analytics firm. The art is what we apply in translating complicated information into clear and concise communication – a key to why so many clients work only with us.
We want you on our team because you are a terrific communicator and have potential to be a strong leader. You enjoy working with a team of building engineers who have a wide range of experience, technical skills, and communication styles. You thrive on mentoring others to grow their technical and client communication skills.
You understand that the fundamentals of science and simplicity are the key to solving problems. You have a solid foundation in building simulation (energy, daylight, CFD, airflow, etc.) and understand its limitations. You respect clients who don’t always appreciate or understand the little details – but still demand answers!
As the Senior Building Analyst with Cyclone Energy Group, you will work in a fun, fast-paced, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment. You will help lead our internal team of talented engineers and analysts and will work directly with our world-class clients. You will be challenged by our projects and our relentless drive to improve our process and to increase the value we provide to our clients.
- Manage Technical Services team’s workflow, and prioritization of activities/tasks
- Conduct quality control of deliverables, technical studies, and reports for client readiness
- Lead and report on Technical Services budget and planning to optimize and grow energy modeling and consulting services
- Mentor Building Analysts on client relationship management and communication
- Develop and grow relationships with key technical services clients
- Encourage the growth of team’s technical abilities and understanding through development of internal and external resources, including training
- Prepare proposals for new projects
- Monitor project efficiency and recommend changes to workflow or project fees
- Develop detailed study models (energy, systems, and daylight / natural ventilation / CFD; renewable energy and life cycle cost studies)
- Perform assessments and collect data in accordance with plans, and verify and analyze data to identify trends
- Conduct site surveys, and draft reports of findings along with related documents
- Perform research into emerging technologies
- Write and present technical studies and reports
- Develop templates and production tools that optimize the work environment and support scalability
- Seize opportunities to expand Cyclone’s services offered to new and existing clients
- Educate clients on changes, development and innovations
- Manage Technical Services business development efforts through client relationship development, maintenance, and care and quality of deliverables
- Understand client and industry needs and trends to grow new business
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- Licensed PE; ASHRAE BEAP and/or BEMP; LEED AP
- 7+ years of experience in technical services; 2+ years of experience leading/managing a team
- Experience with tall and super-tall buildings
- Expertise in architectural design, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Expertise and field experience with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial building standards, codes, and rating systems (e.g., IECC, ASHRAE 62.1, 901, 189.1, LEED, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Experience with simulation programs IES<VE>, TRNSYS, Open Studio & ENERGY PLUS, Window, Therm, Sketchup, Rhino
Cyclone Energy Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Submit resume to email@example.com
Updated: March 24, 2021