Career Description: Senior Commissioning Agent
Architects and Engineers have been designing high-performing buildings for a long time, but very few of these buildings are monitored to see how efficiently they operate. Building commissioning has emerged over the past decade in response to Owners not being satisfied that the high-tech design they paid for is performing optimally. Your curiosity and ability to facilitate will help buildings perform to the performance targets that the Owners demand.
Through quality, innovation and a personalized approach, Cyclone Energy Group has become the premier commissioning provider in the Chicagoland area. Working on a vast variety of technically challenging projects, our dedication to performance sets us apart from other providers. No project is too big and no small project is taken for granted.
You are a great communicator, strategist and you can execute time dependent tasks. You are an engineer with five to ten years of experience with the design and construction of buildings. You have experienced the commissioning process before and feel you can do it. You are driven and persistent and intrigued with how buildings work. You know the details, yet you can see the big picture of what is important.
As a Commissioning Project Manager with Cyclone Energy Group, you will work in a fun, fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment. You’ll work directly with our world-class clients and will continue to balance our internal team of talented engineers and analysts. You’ll be challenged by our projects and our relentless drive to improve our process and increase the value we provide to our clients.
- Help manage the Commissioning Services team’s workflow, and prioritization of activities/tasks
- Conduct quality control of deliverables, technical studies, and reports for client readiness
- Manage commissioning projects and team members
- Mentor Commissioning Manager on client relationship management, communication and technical skills
- Develop and grow relationships with key technical services clients
- Encourage the growth of team’s technical abilities and understanding through development of internal and external resources, including training
- Prepare proposals for new projects
- Monitor project efficiency and recommend changes to workflow or project fees
- Perform design and submittal reviews.
- Create project schedules, project commissioning plans, equipment checklists, functional tests, etc.
- Coordinate equipment checklists and perform equipment testing
- Organize and assemble systems manuals
- Perform warranty reviews
- Lead lessons learned workshops
- Conduct site surveys, and draft reports of findings along with related documents
- Perform research into emerging technologies
- Develop templates and production tools that optimize the work environment and support scalability
- Seize opportunities to expand Cyclone’s services offered to new and existing clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners and clients
- Educate clients on changes, development and innovations
- Ensure clients needs are met
- Recognize problems, provide solutions
- 3-7 years building design / construction experience
- Past interaction with commissioning, direct experience or through working with
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and architectural systems design
- Field experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing equipment
- Project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- S. Degree in Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an accredited college
- Knowledge of commercial building standards, codes and rating systems (e.g. ASHRAE 62.1, 90.1, 189.1, LEED, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio)
- Experience with Bluebeam and PlanGrid
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- Licensed PE, PE, CxA, HBDP, BCxA, QCxP, HFCx, CCP, CEM
- 7+ years of experience in technical services; 2+ years of experience leading/managing a team
- Experience with tall and super-tall buildings
Cyclone Energy Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: March 24, 2021